Turkey’s leading clinic – Istanbul
Rhinoplasty is a process of changing the shape of the nose, which is carried out mainly for cosmetic purposes, which is to increase the harmony and proportion between the nose and the rest of the face. Also, it is often performed to treat breathing problems and disorders resulting from deformities or defects in the structure of the nose, as well as due to accidents.
Types of rhinoplasty
Nose reduction surgery: This can involve specific areas such as the wing, bridge of the nose, or the width of the nose.
Nose augmentation surgery: This type of surgery is often curative in nature and can result from deformity or incomplete growth of the nose, or after surgical removal of a portion of the nose.
Ethnic plastic surgery: common in certain races and characterized by the shape and edge of the nose, such as the peoples of the Middle East or the Mediterranean.
Accidental plastic surgery: This is performed for a period of one week to ten days after an accident that has caused the destruction of some of the bones or cartilage of the nose.
Stages of rhinoplasty at XA Clinic:
Anesthesia can be complete, partial, or local, depending on what the doctor prescribes. After that, the process begins, which is performed through an incision in the nose or without an incision.
- Changing the shape of the nose
When cartilage and bone are removed, cartilage transplantation may sometimes be required.
- Correction of the shape of the nasal septum
If it is rejected, then the surgical incision is closed, if used, and a splint is placed on the nose, then the recovery phase begins and awaits results after coming out of anesthesia.
Tips & Tricks
- Do not be afraid if you find that your nose is stuffy and swollen after the removal of the surgical form about a week after the operation, this is completely normal and sometimes it can take a whole year after the operation to get the final image of the nose, so be patient and fully follow the doctor’s instructions. …
- After the operation, the patient follows the same instructions that are followed after all operations: he should not eat food until he is convinced of defecation, and try to move as much as possible at home to avoid blood clots.
- Vigorous exercise should be avoided for at least three weeks after surgery.
- The nasal splint should also be kept dry for a week after surgery until it is removed, and should not be exposed to direct sunlight for several weeks after surgery until it is fully recovered
What procedures should the patient undergo before the operation?
Before having rhinoplasty, you must follow some tips to achieve good results and avoid complications.
Three weeks before the operation, the patient needs to undergo some laboratory tests, as well as an electrocardiogram.
The patient should refrain from taking any medications that may cause blood flow and delay blood clotting two weeks before surgery, and these medications include some analgesics such as aspirin and medications containing ibuprofen.
The patient should refrain from taking vitamin E and start taking vitamin C daily in an amount of at least 1000 mg per day.
You should refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages before and after surgery, and also quit smoking or using nicotine.
Consequences of rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty does not require a long recovery period, as the patient can leave the hospital the next day after surgery, and sometimes the same day.
However, this varies from person to person and the technique used to perform the operation, from which there are differences in recovery times. Follow your doctor’s instructions after surgery to ensure a healthy and quick recovery.
After the operation, the nose will be different, and its shape will begin to gradually change with the disappearance of the swelling, if you adhere to the doctor’s instructions, including avoiding exposure to sunlight, so that the nose takes its final shape within a certain time, from two to 12 weeks.
Some results at Xa hospital
Before and After
We offer you our high quality health services that achieve what you dream of